[Luke 2:1-7]
A census, travel, a pregnant wife. I was reading this passage in Luke about the birth of Jesus Christ and I realized how inconvenient things were for Joseph and Mary. The timing was all wrong. It must have really stressed the couple out when Mary went into labor, and to top it all there was no room anywhere for them. Mary ended up giving birth in a manger.
Jesus’ life was also inconvenient at times—definitely tiring, demanding and stressful. Yet the account in Luke 2 is a reminder that God uses inconvenient, stressful times for His purpose, for the good of His people, for His glory.
It’s been inconvenient and stressful lately, especially in church. Like Joseph and Mary, like Jesus, I have to turn to God and trust Him for what I do not understand, and what I cannot control.
2 comments:
it's all too easy to focus on the work, the stress, on all the people whom you need to talk to, on all the workshops and training you need to attned or teach, on all the things that need to be done. at may kailangan ka pang didisiplinahin! everything can be so overwhelming!
then just last night, God reminded me that it need not be...
I may not be leaving comments often but I'm visiting. Thanks for this "inconvenient" message. Waiting for your new post. :)
Post a Comment